7 Quick Steps For How to Diet Without Counting Calories Fast
Counting calories can be a bit of a nuisance. It can be quite annoying trying to sit down to dinner with friends and attempting to mentally measure how much rice is on your plate or estimate the fat in the dressing used.
Even harder is trying to keep track after the drinks have been poured. Good luck with that.
On the other hand, calories do matter when it comes to weight loss. Pretty much every meta-analysis we have on weight loss points to being in a caloric deficit as not optional for losing weight.
So the question is can you stay under your calories and lose weight without counting?
People Are Bad At It
How to diet without counting calories. So bad that studies show subjects underestimate the number of calories they eat by up to 47%.
Another study of women reported they couldn’t lose weight on a 1200-calorie diet. Experts found that they were eating up to 2,500 calories a day in many cases. So people are just bad at it.
Counting Calories Tends to Put Dieters in The Wrong Mindset
When the focus is on counting calories people begin to ignore the quality of the food being eaten. Yes, you can probably lose weight by eating ramen noodles and Twinkies.
But do those foods give you good energy or help your skin quality or make you feel good, probably not.
By not counting calories you’re pretty much forced to focus on food quality for weight loss, which is a good thing.
It’s Much Simpler
By not obsessing over every macronutrient in calories you’re consuming life becomes significantly simpler. While counting makes sense bodybuilders trying to reach negative 3% body fat are those who have hit a weight loss plateau.
It usually becomes a burden for people who just want to be generally healthy.
How to Diet Without Counting Calories
Today I am going to be answering the question of how to diet without counting calories, with seven science backsteps.
Here are the seven steps for how to diet without counting calories.
1. Pair High-protein Meals With Low-carb Vegetables.
- Pair high-protein meals with low-carb vegetables. Protein and vegetables are the two most satiating nutrients on the planet and have been shown to keep you from having cravings.
- The fiber from low-carbohydrate vegetables combined with the high protein foods creates one of the most satisfying meals you can eat.
2. Avoid Unsatiated Foods Like The plague.
- On the opposite end processed foods, flour and sugar have all been shown to be unsatisfying. Leading to more cravings and thus more calories consumed.
- It’s going to be very difficult to lose weight if you eat these foods and are not counting calories.
3. Drink Water Like a Camel
- Everyone knows water is important but drinking more can also help you lose weight.
- It has been shown to increase metabolism by 3-11% percent and eliminate some hunger cravings.
4. Use Decaf Coffee, Regular Coffee, or Peppermint Tea
- In order of craving killers decaf coffee then peppermint tea, and then regular coffee have all been shown to help blunt hunger cravings.
- So when you start craving sweets or foods you shouldn’t eat drink one of these.
5. Use The Craving Question
- When hunger hits ask yourself this question, am I hungry enough to eat a salad oftentimes the answer is no and you’re not actually hungry you just have a craving.
- The brain is just trying to get a little hit of dopamine. Because it’s bored and you need to train yourself to distinguish between real hunger and just cravings.
- listening to the body is uber-important for those not counting calories.
6. Sleeps Like a Bear in Hibernation
- Loss of sleep has been directly linked to higher resting cortisol levels and stronger cravings. So get lots and lots of sleep.
- Early research has shown that meditation can help with both binge eating and emotional eating. It’s also been shown to help dieters naturally eat less by instilling a sense of mindful eating.
- This is where you’re slowing down to enjoy the foods you eat, instead of pounding down meals like a humpback whale at a sardine factory.
I am sure you will get clear about how to diet without counting calories. If you have any doubts comment down. if you like this post share it with your friends